Notice to Patients:
If you are experiencing these symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) AND have traveled to or returned from these countries recently (China, Italy, South Korea, Iran, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore) or have been in contact with someone who has traveled to one of these countries, or have been in contact with someone known to have to have COVID-19, please follow the below instructions:
- Keep yourself separated from others as much as possible, including your family & animals.
- Wear a facemask when around others and cover your coughs & sneezes
- Clean your hands often and for 20 seconds each time (sing the “happy birthday” song to yourself twice, or just count)
- Avoid sharing household items (like drinking glasses, utensils, towels, bedding)
- Clean all ‘high-touch’ surfaces daily (doorknobs, counters, tabletops, toilets, phones, keyboards, bedside tables)
- To obtain testing information and to self-report:
- To self-report regarding travel or symptom concern to Lancaster County Health Department at 402-441-8000
- If you reside outside Lancaster Count in Nebraska, please review the attached listing of each Nebraska County Health Department.
- If you reside outside the State of Nebraska, please use the following link to find your local health department:
If you are unsure of your symptoms or risk level, the Nebraska DHHS is best equipped to answer your questions. Please call them before going to a clinic, or an urgent care center or the emergency department, in order to lower the risk of exposure to yourself and others.
University of Nebraska Medical Center Mobile Screening Application for COVID-19
UNMC has developed a mobile screening application that will allow people concerned that they or a family member have COVID-19 to screen themselves. Based on the information the user provides, the screening app will issue a “low-risk”, “urgent-risk” or “emergency-risk” assessment and guide the user through possible steps based on that person’s individual needs. The app also allows the user to press a button and share the information with a health care provider, family member or employer, if he or she chooses.
Local Community & Support Resources: