The Physicians and research staff at Nebraska Pulmonary Specialties have a strong commitment to clinical research. A clinical research trial is a scientific study that tests the effectiveness of a new medical treatment, medication or device with volunteer patients. Patient volunteers receive these investigational treatments under close supervision of a physician, our research coordinators and the sponsor of the clinical trial.
Nebraska Pulmonary Specialties provides the opportunity for members of the community to participate in advancing medical knowledge by offering clinical trials for pulmonary diseases. Clinical trials are essential in gathering information related to the treatment, diagnosis, and prevention of diseases or conditions.
A clinical research trial is a scientific study that tests the effectiveness and tolerability of new medical treatment, medication, or device with volunteer patients. Patient volunteers receive these investigational treatments under close supervision of a physician, our research coordinators, and the sponsor of the clinical trial.
ASTRAZENECA ANDHI ASTHMA STUDY
- Patients with severe uncontrolled asthma
- Male/ Female ages 18-75 years of age with history of physician diagnosed asthma requiring medium to high does ICS plus asthma controller
- Documented current treatment with high daily doses of ICS plus at least one other asthma controller for at least 3 months prior to visit one
- History of at least 2 asthma exacerbations while on ICS plus another asthma controller that required treatment with corticosteroids.
PEARL COPD STUDY
- Patients with COPD diagnosis
- Male/Female ages 40-80 years of age
- Current or former smoker with a history of 10 pack years of cigarette smoking (e.g. 20 cigarettes a day for 10 years, or 10 cigarettes per day for 20 years represent 10 pack years)
Studies done through Somnos:
8040 O St
Lincoln, NE 68510